Last week, the White House said the National Security Council, the White House counsel office and President Trump adviser Elon Musk were all looking into the mishap. But now, that probe has wrapped
The Trump administration has taken action to ensure a Signal group chat that inadvertently included The Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey Goldberg can never happen again, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said Monday.
The Trump administration sought to put the scandal over its use of the Signal messaging app behind it on Monday, calling it case closed, even as the breach provoked bipartisan criticism and opened up divisions inside the White House.
4hon MSN
The White House fired at least three National Security Council staffers on Wednesday, three sources familiar with the move told CNN.
7don MSN
Trump administration officials are struggling to stem the fallout from revelations that top national security officials discussed sensitive attack plans over a messaging app and mistakenly added a journalist to the chain.
The White House is clapping back against media reports claiming intel officials have been using the end-to-end encrypted messaging app Signal to send classified information.
Explore more
In public, White House National Security Advisor Mike Waltz is struggling. In private, there's reason to believe his troubles appear even more serious.
As the president has made it very clear, Mike Waltz continues to be an important part of his national security team. And this case has been closed here at the White House, as far as we are